Inclusive and Innovative Brazil
Erasmus Mundus Programme
Call for applications
Start date: 3-May-2016 (00:00 CET)
End date: 30-June-2016 (23:59 CET)
Guidelines for applicants
This document contains detailed information about the application procedure. We strongly advise you to read it before starting to fill in the Application Form.
This form is designed to be an easy and simple way to prepare your application, allowing you to progressively introduce the details and information required.
You must start your application form by setting your USER name and your PASSWORD. From the beginning, you have to choose the type of scholarship for which you want to receive the support of the Programme.
The Application Form can be filled in in English, and exceptionally in Portuguese.
Before starting to fill in the Application Form, you must be sure that you have all the certificates and language skills required to attend the sought programme(s). We also strongly advise you to read the Guidelines for Applicants and the FAQs before starting.
If an applicant submits more than one application, the system will automatically consider the most recent one.
Who can apply?
In order to be eligible to apply for a IBRASIL scholarship, applicants need to meet a set of minimum requirements.
General criteria for all types of mobility:
- Must be a national of one of the eligible European countries;
- Must have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses or of one of the languages currently spoken in the host countries
- Undergraduate students must have successfully completed at least one year of studies at university/higher education level
Students from Brazil:
- Must hold Brazilian nationality;
- Must have not resided nor have carried out their main activity (studies, work, etc) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in any of the eligible European countries at the time of submitting their application to the partnership;
- Must have not benefited in the past from an Erasmus Mundus scholarship for the same type of mobility;
- Undergraduate students must have successfully completed at least one year of studies at university/higher education level;
- Must have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses or of one of the languages currently spoken in the host countries;
- Must respect the specific and additional criteria applicable to each type of mobility (undergraduate, doctorate, post-doctorate, administrative and academic staff).
Specific criteria for each type of mobility:
- Undergraduate students
Undergraduate students must have successfully completed at least one year of studies in their home institution.
- Doctorate students
Doctorate students applying for a mobility scholarship must be enrolled in a doctorate course at a Brazilian/ European institution.
Post-Doctorate applicants must have obtained their doctorate in the last 2 years and must have the support of a brazilian institution to carry out post-doctorate mobility.
- Academic and Administrative staff
Staff applicants must work full time in one of the partner universities.
It is noteworthy to mention that in addition to these criteria there may be others defined internally by each partner institution of the project. Applicants must therefore make sure they have asked the contact person of the institution about the specific eligibility criteria established either in their home institution (if applicable) or in the host institution(s) where they intend to apply to.
Definition of Target Group:
Depending on their characteristics, all applicants fit into one of the three Target Groups established by the European Commission for the Erasmus Mundus – Action 2 Programme. Each of the Target Groups has different types of mobility scholarships available.
|Target Group 1:
Target Group 2:
Target Group 3:
Should you be in a condition of proven economic vulnerability you can
still be considered eligible as target group 3, subsequently to a
communication of the European Commission of the 22 October 2014. In that case you
will have to attach the following documents: